After yesterday’s royal fuck-up, a few things to just note down, before my feeble mind forgets:
- I’ve learnt this but forgotten – What do confused people do? They stop. They stop any and all activities and wait for the confusion to clear up.
- More so: What do confused, hurt people do? They stop, turn around and run in the opposite direction.
- Clear up confusion as far as possible, before it spirals into a big thing.
- Talk about what is bothering you, preferably in person and before it becomes a wall.
- Don’t be hard-
- Don’t drink sleeping tablets and pick up the phone, you will not remember the call, even less what was said.
- WhatsApp and Facebook are NOT communication tools, they can only be used to convey messages that are very clear. Face to face(1st place) or phone calls(2nd place) are always better.
- If you are unsure about what was meant by a WA or FB message – ASK, don’t assume. Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups.
- Unexplained emotional outbursts will occur, relationships are emotional in nature, so are the people involved. Try to get to the reason for the outburst. No use trying to treat the symptoms.
- Don’t over-analyze.
- This connection we have is way to good to throw away, fight for it.
- If you have to fight your partner to save the relationship, do it. Make them hear your side of the story.