Some of you might wonder why I’ve been writing in English and as always I’ll tell you that G is VERY English and follows my blog. So some of the stuff I want him to read, I do in English (the rest he would need to translate LOL). This is one such post.
I’ve always considered myself logical, even tough I’m female and most would say there is no such thing as a logical female, therefor this “thing” between me an G, baffled me. The therapist gave me an article to read a while ago, relating to the physical, emotional, spiritual and the inner child. For the life of me, I can’t find the article, so today I started looking for those words on the internet. I have certainly loved before, but this connection has been different to the ones before and I almost knew this was something else, even before we met. Now I wondered for a while, if this is only a figment of my imagination. How is it possible to fall in love so deeply within 3 weeks and 2 days? And how it is possible for this love to grow stronger daily, surely at some stage it would need to reach a plateau? The more I know about him, the more I understand. The more I understand, the more I like him. The more I like him, the more I love him. It’s crazy.
Anyhooo, so I started reading about 4 kinds of love connections and it reminded me a little of Maslow’s theories:
People can experience ‘Love Connections’ on 4 different levels:
1. Physical Love Connection– a physical attraction between 2 people. This occurs when one person is attracted to the physical attributes or body of another person. Common thought associated with this type of love connection: “Wow, I think he/she is so hot!”
2. Intellectual Love Connection- a mutual interest in the same thoughts, philosophies, topics of discussion, books, news items, or hobbies. Common thought associated with this type of love connection: “We can talk about things or debate topics for hours- time just flies by!”
3. Emotional Love Connection- this supra mental connection occurs when two people can communicate deeply at times without words or without full verbal explanation and not just based on superficial body language. Common thought associated with this type of love connection: “Boy, they just ‘get’ me! We could finish each others’ sentences or know what each other mean without saying a word while other people are clueless.”
4. Spiritual Love Connection- occurs when two people have similar spiritual knowings (as opposed to beliefs) and are on the same spiritual path or share a common spiritual purpose; they see a relationship as a respect for and encouragement of each others’ spiritual growth. A common thought associated with this type of love connection: “I feel a sense of bigger purpose in our relationship- I think Spirit/God/Source/Universe conspired to have us meet!” A true spiritual connection can last the span of lifetimes.
So this is almost like an onion, the physical layer being the outside – the what you see and the spiritual connection being the inner core, your soul. In my writing on intimacy vs sex, I touched on this too, this difference between having sex because your body need it and being intimate with someone, giving them access to your heart and feelings. Vulnerability, which I’ve also blogged about before means you open yourself to another. You trust the other, but also yourself, to love and be loved. It is more than honesty, it is a conscious decision that you will take the plunge to love again, even if it means you might be hurt. But I think this is still on the emotional connection level. And I think G and I are almost there already, weird, weird, weird.
Another definition of this Spiritual love: http://www.psychicsuniverse.com/articles/love-relationships/relationships/compatibility/physical
OK, so logical conclusion of this very illogical love:
- I’ve never felt like this before
- I need to enjoy the journey
- This has potential beyond my limited description
- It has only been 3 weeks and 2 days, a lot can and will happen in future